Friday, July 10, 2009

First Couple Of Weeks in July

Well it has to be said we have had yet another very hectic couple of weeks, we are currently just wondering when things will lull and we can have a rest.

We have been busy sorting everything to rent out the house, changing the mortgage, insurance, mail re-direction, tenancy agreement, inventory (this was from the pictures we have of the house and dad filling in the bits we had missed) getting an invoice and anything else I may have missed. It has been really busy as we wanted to make sure that everything was done properly. Mum and dad have been great, poor dad cleaned the house from top to bottom for us and I know that’s not an easy task, it’s not a small house, this was after he had cleared out everything we had left to try and make the house look lived in from a distance. But it’s all sorted now and we have the first 2 months rent and the bond sitting in our UK bank account.

Also we have been getting the paperwork together for the visa application and in true E&Y style, we think we are nearly there and they ask for something else they had previously forgot to mention we need, so this week we have had to apply for Australian police checks!, ohh and more paperwork from Tom’s dad saying he is happy for Tom to be included on the visa application.

In between all the paperwork we have managed a couple of lovely nights out, we are being very careful what we spend due to the visa and also the move, so we are declining any proper nights out which will cost us, we are back to living on a tight budget to ensure that we are Ok when it comes to the move.

On the 1st we were at Julie and Wills for drinks, they will be our next door but one neighbours and are a lovely couple, I have always got on really well with Julie and never really got to see her quite as much as I would have liked. We had a great night with them, and we cannot wait to move into the new house, Julie has said the neighbours are all lovely and like a drink, so we will fit in well.

Julie has very kindly let me have these pics, they bought land and built there housea few years ago. Just as it was being completed Julie paid for Will to have a helicopter lesson and the pilot took him over where the new house was and took some pics for them. But you can also quite clearly see our new house on the corner, you can see the tennis court, these were taken before the pool was put in, but its nice to see the house.




The 2nd was a great day, Jason finally got a letter from the ACS (Australian Computer Society) advising him that he had been awarded a 1224-11 Information Technology Manager code, it only took them 10 weeks to decide, it was a very, very long wait, they do advertise that they will let you know in 10 to 12 weeks what the result is, but we know others that have received a response within 6 weeks, as I am sure you can imagine the final 4 weeks were pure hell. But we have it now.

Saturday night we called at Peppa and Owens for a few drinks, it was a good laugh as usual and we got to know them a bit more as we were all talking about being back in England and our lifestyles and friends.

Sunday was a quiet day, we called round at Hayley and Pauls to borrow there hose pipe to empty our paddling pool, we had an hour or so with them and a glass or 3 of wine. Jason did have a look at their internet too.

It has been school hols for the first couple of weeks, I have been at work, but get to come home at least once if not twice to ensure they have not killed each other, also Jason has worked from home a couple of days so the kids have not been completely alone. As usual Tom didn’t leave the house, Mollie played with Caitlin up the road a couple of days, and Sam, well he was never in, he has had a great couple of weeks with Jamie and Charlie.

Wednesday night was Lesley’s jewellery party, she is starting to import jewellery and furniture from Indonesia, and sell them, well her jewellery is LOVELY, I did say when I got the invite that I had no cash what so ever, but she still said to go alone and support her and I did, she did well with sales and I am not surprised, I cannot wait until we have some money and I can treat myself. There were a couple of new faces at the party, Sally hasn’t been here very, only arriving in January and breaking her leg not long after, she is only just put of plaster and has not had an easy few weeks, but she was really lovely. I also met Cathie, she is from Burnley, we had a conversation about pie and mushy peas, sad I know! But I will have you know that the only mushy peas you can get here are Batchelor’s tinned (small) mushy peas and they are very expensive unless you can get them on special. She is really lovely too and I am hoping to see her again too, but not sure when as we are busy really till the end of the month.

Wednesday was also a good day UK house wise, dad met David and handed over the keys to the house, a huge weight has been lifted from our shoulders with this.

Friday was a good day work wise and I was finished at 1. I headed straight to Di and Mic’s new house to help with the move, it was good weather wise and I think between us we did really, really well, Mic was the only bloke, there was Di of course, Kerry, Peppa, Lesley and Lesley’s mum Maureen. It has to be said though I was exhausted when I got home. It was straight into my Pj’s and then cooking for tomorrow. Yesterday I has made a beef samosa filling and also a cheese and onion filling and we made a load of pasties to take with us. There are going to be a few helpers again tomorrow, at least we can all eat while we work. Not too late in bed though as it was work for me Saturday morning, I was doing respite care, never done one before, but thought the experience would be good for my CV. Also not very happy about working a Saturday morning, but needs must at the moment.

So Saturday morning we were up at a reasonable time, we contacted Mic and Di to see which house they were at and I dropped Jason before heading off to my respite in Mt Eliza. It was an easy couple of hours then back to Di’s to help with the unpacking. We got home just after 4.30, mad tea for kids and a curry for Maria and Jon’s curry night. And what a great night it was, but as usual I had on too many drinks and was not well at all on Sunday.

I had to get up and get dressed as Mollie needed new school shoes, but as soon as we had bought them it was back home and takeaway for tea, I couldn’t have cooked then back to the sofa for the rest of the evening








No comments: