Monday, August 31, 2009

August

Sam at Justine's party
Jason and Kieron at Justines party


Mol at Justines party

Mollie Birthday cake

Mollie Birthday


Paul's 40th

Waves in Frankston

Platters

At Paul's 40th

At Justines party


Justines party


Well it’s been a busy month, with one or two changes, I think I have previously mentioned that we are now Permanent Residents, which is great news and we are still really pleased, we also spent a few days celebrating, with a meal at Platters on Main Street, which was lovely, Jason and I went to Sun and Mei, which is the best Chinese in Mornington and also Waves in Frankston, where we sat on the balcony in the sun and watched the world go by.

After a few weeks of really crap rosters with the Shire, which meant I couldn’t make any plans, I didn’t know what I was doing the following week, until I got the roster on Friday afternoon and the fact that I signed up for a 20 hour week part time job, thinking I would have some me and spare time and being very wrong about that assumption, I decided enough was enough and resigned. I picked up my roster on Thursday, I was down for nearly 25 hours, starting anywhere from 8.30 and finishing at 4.30, the Friday was unbelievable, I was working and being paid for 3.5 hours in the day, I was leaving home at 8.30 to get to the first job at 8.45 but wasn’t actually finishing the last job till 4.30 and having huge gaps in between jobs, but not big enough gaps that I could do a great deal. During one of the gaps, I called in at Domain and asked if they would have me back, naturally they were delighted to have me back, so I finished with the Shire on Friday 7th and started back at Domain the following Monday, I am only casual, which is my choice, as I get paid more but more importantly I chose when I want to work and so far I could have worked every day, but am trying to only do about 3 days a week.

Socially it’s been busy as usual, Tom had a L.A.N party where he had his mates round and they brought their X Box games and all played against each other, Justine had a party to introduce us all to her sister and family, as usual it was a great night, we have had a few drinks with Mic and Di, Peppa had a jewellery party, Jason and I had a few drinks one day when he worked from home at Harba, the weather was lovely and we were able to sit outside. We went to the market one Sunday, bought towels for the new house, we started packing for the move, had a few takeaways, Hayley cooked for us a couple of times which was lovely.

The 29th was Mollies birthday, she had a bowling party then to an all you can eat place, we then came home for the cake, she had great fun and her friends enjoyed themselves, Saturday night was Paul’s 40th birthday party, again it was a really good night.

And that’s a rundown of August, we are now on countdown to move day on the 21st September

No comments: