Friday, April 10, 2009

March 2009, where is this year going

Once again the month flew by, don’t think we were as busy this month as last, but we still didn’t seem to have enough hours in the day. As usual weekdays were spent working, jobs around the house and early nights as we were too tired. The Friday of the 6th we were meeting Eddie, Kerrie, Diane and Mic, Lesley and Paul at a Chinese in Mornington, it was a lovely meal, we had soo much food it was unreal and incredibly cheap, it was BYO for beer and wine and the meal was $40.00 per couple.

On the Sunday it was Scarletts Birtday party BBQ, I had made a cake for her and was very pleased with my efforts too, we had a lovely day, but had to leave early, although the Monday was a bank holiday I was working, so I was not impressed.

I got home from work at 1.35 on the Monday, quick shower and change then we had a drive down the coast to Sorrento.
It was a beautiful day, we sat outside the Continental hotel, with a pitcher of beer and a large vanilla slice for Jason, Mollie had a rocky road chocolate slice, she had to eat it quick though as it was melting.

The following Saturday was Julies birthday night out at the Brass Razu in Mornington, we started there and shared some food platters which were really nice. It was then on to a wine bar with a late license. It was a great night and we were all a little worse for wear


At work this week I was completing my in house medication course which when completed means that I can administer medications to the residents. I passed, but haven’t had much chance to put it into much use as our team leader seems this as her duty.

Friday was a girls night at Koko Cafe, it was a lovely meal and a lovely night, thankfully not too late home as we had Julie and Mark and Justine and Kieran coming round on the Saturday evening. We also had Hayley and Paul round for a BBQ during the day as it was soo nice.
The boys played poker while us girls just sat in the garden drinking wine and gossiping ... a perfect night really.

We have had some lovely weather this month and the last weekend was no exception. I was working on the Saturday morning, the novelty of that has really worn off now and I am looking to leave, had I not been looking at leaving then I would be dropping the Saturday as it really does interfere with my weekends far too much.

Saturday night was a Party at Angie’s for her son’s birthday, again it was a lovely night, very easy and not too much to drink for me as I was just too tired. Jason had wanted to go to the beach when I got home from work but I couldn’t muster up the energy, so we had compromised and were packing a picnic and going on the Sunday instead, that way we would have longer. We mentioned this at the party and said we would text which beach we were at.

So on Sunday morning we were up early and first job was to go into Mornington and sort out a mobile for Sam’s birthday, while we were there we also got a new contract phone for me. We then went home packed the esky and headed off to South Beach, it was lovely, the kids were straight in the sea, Jon, Louise, Conner and Mollie, Angie, Dave and Ryan, Sally, Rob and Sally’s parents joined us. Lou and Jon have a kayak which they brought with them, it was a lovely day, we all had a laugh and the kids and men enjoyed the kayak.

Monday was my short week so I wasn’t working on the Monday, I met Peppa, Diane, Diane’s sister Joan and we joined Natalie and Lisa for lunch for Nats birthday. It was a great laugh and I had a stitch from laughing at one point. Lunch was also really good, we sat outside the bays and had the lunch special which is £15.00 for lunch and a glass of wine.

Monday was also Sam’s 12th birthday, after picking everyone up we headed into Mt Eliza to The Rasoi Tandoori Indian Kitchen, where he opened his presents and cards. We had a delicious meal before heading home to the cake I had made for him. He was very pleased with the day, going out, his new mobile phone and the cards and messages from the UK.

I was naughty on the Tuesday and rang in sick. I do have a very good reason that I have not mentioned before as I did not want to tempt fate. Earlier this year I knew that I would struggle with the kids and working the shifts I do. Tom was now starting TAFE at 8.30 rather than 9 and the bus timetable had changed. Sam would need to get the bus to Mt Eliza for school and would need to leave home at 7.55 to get to school ready for 8.45.

Which left me with Mollie, first option was school club, school is 2 mins from where I work so this was a good option. School club is open from 7 and I start work at 7, so I assumed that I would be ok to leave her in the school car park and by the time she had walked to the school gym, it would be 7.

I was very wrong... when they say start at 7, that’s driving into the car park and unlocking the school teachers car park gates at 7, I then have to take her and sign her in, I was late for work for 2 consecutive days. Thankfully on day 2, I was picking Moo up from school when I saw Justine who asked how work was going, I told her it wasn’t and about school club and being late and she volunteered to help out. So I have been dropping Moo at Justine’s at 6.50 each morning, FAR too early for an 8 year old to be up and about.

Anyhow When I knew I was going to struggle I mentioned this to the girls over lunch one day and Sally said that she would take my CV to the Shire, where she worked, she didn’t think they were recruiting but they would keep my CV on file. So I did, the week after I had an interview which went well. The next thing I heard was when my manager asked me why the Shire were ringing and asking for a reference, I explained my situation and we had a discussion about my taking Moo to work and then my taking her to school but Moo would still be up at 6 o clock so still not ideal.

On this Tuesday was the final part of the Shire recruitment process, a Functional Capacity Test, I had to lift boxes to different levels, crawl forwards and backwards, walk top to toe forwards, then backwards, step on and off a box for 3 mins, squat, lunge, do a grip test and then another co-ordination test. I was exhausted and anyone who knows me well, knows I do not exercise, I have no co-ordination and am very unfit, I knew there was no way I had passed with flying colours and the fact that I couldn’t walk for the rest of the week proves that, but they still offered me a job working 20 hours per week, its 5 hours a week less than now, but its more money and I get travel allowance so will not be that out of pocket and will have more time and hopefully be less tired. But we will see, I start on the 20th April so watch this space.

No comments: