Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Very Tired Monday

You’ll be pleased to know it’s raining and its big rain and cold, not a great time for Anna to arrive. Monday was a busy day I had to be up early as the dishwasher man was coming between 8 and 10, I got up, got dressed then went back to sleep on the sofa I was so tired after the weekend. He arrived about 9, couldn’t fix it as the motor has burned out and left saying he would ring back that day and tell me if he was just going to replace the part or the whole dishwasher, in true ozzie style he didn’t!!!!!!!!!!

Lesley and rung and asked if Charlie could come and play with Sam, of course he could the weather is poor so he won’t be going anywhere and I knew I wouldn’t know I had them as they would just assume the position in front of the X-Box and they did. Lesley stayed for a coffee and she laughed at me, apparently she and I didn’t quite finish a 5th bottle of sparkling, no wonder I wouldn’t walk or speak. She reminded me that just as we were leaving hers Jason said something to me and I didn’t respond, he then said you can’t speak can you and I just smiled and shook my head. No wonder I didn’t feel great yesterday and not much better today, I am getting too old.

After Lesley had left I set to and washed up, we had 10 for lunch yesterday and 11 for pudding (Peppa), so I had everything from a 3 course meal to wash, dry and put away, I was not impressed as I don’t do washing up.

Next was washing to get as up to date as I could before Anna arrives and we are going to be busy, busy, busy.

Then Moo and I called at Katya’s for a coffee to see how they were settling and what her new furniture looked like, that was a lovely hour and we just chattered, before coming back to take Tom onto Main Street to see if he liked any of the $5.00 t shirts, he didn’t so we came home, it took me longer to park than we were in the shops.

Tea was easy, leftovers, Sam was asked to stay at Lesley’s and she was doing a roast dinner, a leg of lamb, Sam much preferred her option and stayed there and even stayed the night, it is lovely that he already has friends he can do that with.

We had a quiet night and an early night in the hope that I feel better tomorrow, although when I say early it was 10.30, you see hour long programmes usually start on the hour in the UK, but not here, they start at half past the hour, so all the good programmes, last night it was the F Word start at 9.30 and don’t finish until 10.30. I need to be up early tomorrow as the locksmith is coming to look at our locks – great!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tracy.... didnt realise you dont like washing up ... you never said..much!!

Jason, Tracy & Family said...

No I don't do washing up OR Ironing and I am doing both, but not Jasons stuff, he does is own as I am useless with his shirts - ohh dear :-)